Oh What A Night! IIP North of England at the Investors in People Awards
23rd June 2014, the 5* Landmark Hotel in London and Investors in People organisations from across the UK – all the ingredients for a fantastic night at the first Investors in People Awards!
2014 was the inaugural year for the Awards – honouring the top workplaces, best bosses and highest achievers across the Investors in People Community. With over 500 entries received for the 14 categories (plus overall winner), it was fantastic to see so many organisations getting involved.
Here at IIP North of England we were especially pleased to see a high proportion of entries come from organisations across our region, resulting in 20 shortlisted organisations on the night itself.
These organisations included:
- Community Gateway Association, One Vision Housing and Wade Deacon High School for Employer of the Year (50 to 249 employees)
- The Stocks Hall Nursing & Care Group for the Employer of the Year (250+)
- Gopher Money, Kelda Water Services and Wulvern Housing for Best Newcomer
- thebigword for Best School and Business Partnership
- Lafarge Tarmac Contracting and Manchester Metropolitan University for Champion Award for Excellence
- Northumbria Community Rehabilitation Company and Riverside for the Excellence in Leadership and Management Award
- Vaultex UK Ltd for the Excellence in Reward and Recognition Award
- Five Lamps and Pennine Telecom for the Excellence in Social Responsibility Award
- Calico Group and Helena Partnerships for the Most Innovative People Strategy Award
- Greater Manchester Police Federation, West Cheshire College and SANOFI for the One to Watch – Most Improved Organisation Award
On the night itself, shortlisted organisations were treated to a stunning meal at the Landmark Hotel with comparing from comedian Hugh Dennis. There were also a few selfies, spectacular sparklers on plates and singing waiters involved along the way too!
And with the end of dinner came the announcement of the winners for each category and we were thrilled that two of our shortlisters won Awards. A massive congratulations to Helena Partnerships for their success in the Most Innovative People Strategy category and Riverside for taking home the Excellence in Leadership and Management Award!
To see a full list of the winners for all of the Investors in People Awards 2014, click here. You can also see all of the tweets from the night by following @IIPAwards and why not check out our storify page too and find out more about the build up to the ceremony and how the night went for organisations from across the North of England.
From all the team at Investors in People North of England, thank you to all of the organisations across the region that got involved in the Awards and for the work they do to invest in and develop people.
And of course a big congratulations to all the shortlisters and winners!